- “Artificial Shortage in Agricultural Supply Chains.” Levi, Retsef, Somya Singhvi, and Y. Karen Zheng. Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, Vol. 24, No. 2 (2022): 746-765. Supplemental Material.
- “The Impact of Unifying Agricultural Wholesale Markets on Prices and Farmers’ Profitability.” Levi, Retsef, Manoj Rajan, Somya Singhvi, and Y. Karen Zheng. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, February 4, 2020, 117(5) 2366-2371.
- “Motivating Supplier Social Responsibility under Incomplete Visibility.” Kraft, Tim, Leon Valdés, and Y. Karen Zheng. Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, November–December 2020, 22(6) 1268-1286.
- “Supply Chain Visibility and Social Responsibility: Investigating Consumers’ Behaviors and Motives.” Kraft, Tim, Leon Valdés, and Y. Karen Zheng. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Fall 2018, 20(4) 617-636.
- “Trust in Forecast Information Sharing.” Özer, Özalp, Y. Karen Zheng, and Kay-Yut Chen. Management Science Vol. 57, No. 6 (2011): 1111-1137. Appendix.
- “Relative Performance Transparency: Effects on Sustainable Choices.” Buell, Ryan W., Swetha Mariadassou, and Y. Karen Zheng.
Areas of Interest
- Smallholder supply chains in developing countries
- Supply chain transparency and information sharing
- Environmentally and socially responsible operations
- Behavioral operations research
Improving management everywhere
From farmers to supply chains, Associate Professor Karen Zheng tackles operations issues from around the globe.
A fresh look at food safety
How farmer organizations play a role in food safety.
Optimizing Online Auctions
How technology can help to alleviate poverty among smallholder farmers, one bid at a time