Recent Working Papers
- How Quantitative Easing Works: Evidence on the Refinancing Channel (with Marco Di Maggio and Amir Kermani).
NBER Digest. Forbes. VoxEU.
Revise and resubmit, Review of Economic Studies
NBER Working Paper #22638
- Errors in the Dependent Variable of Quantile Regression Models (with Jerry Hausman, Haoyang Liu, and Ye Luo).
Revise and resubmit, Econometrica
NBER Working Paper #25819
- Monthly Payment Targeting and the Demand for Maturity (with Bronson Argyle and Taylor Nadauld).
Revise and resubmit, Review of Financial Studies
NBER Working Paper #25668
- The Capitalization of Consumer Financing into Durable Goods Prices (with Bronson Argyle, Taylor Nadauld, and Ryan Pratt).
Revise and resubmit, Journal of Finance
SFS Cavalcade 2019 Best Paper in Corporate Finance
NBER Working Paper #24699
- Real Effects of Search Frictions in Consumer Credit Markets (with Bronson Argyle and Taylor Nadauld).
WSJ. The Conversation. NBER Reporter. MarketWatch.
MIT Sloan Working Paper #5242-17
- Gentrification and the Amenity Value of Crime Reductions: Evidence from Rent Deregulation (with David Autor and Parag Pathak).
VoxEU. MIT News. The Economist. NPR.
NBER Working Paper #23914
- Testing the Effectiveness of Consumer Financial Disclosure: Experimental Evidence from Savings Accounts (with Paul Adams, Stefan Hunt, and Redis Zaliauskas).
NBER Working Paper #25718