Awards & Prizes
- 2016 OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) for “services to Economics and Public Policy Making”
- 2014 European Investment Bank Prize for Excellence in Economic and Social Research
- 2011 Arrow Prize (IHEA) for world’s best paper in health economics in 2010
- 2009 Yrjö Jahnsson Award. This is awarded to best economist under the age of 45 “who has made a contribution that is significant to economics in Europe”. The prize is the most prestigious award in European economics: it is the European equivalent to the US Bates Clark Medal.
- Excellence in Refereeing Award, American Economic Review, 2010-2013
- Thomson-Reuters’: World’s most highly cited researchers in Economics and Business